Taking advantage of electric streetcar traffic, Coventry Village emerged along Coventry Road in 1919 after the original Euclid Heights allotment collapsed and filled with more and more large apartment buildings. With the migration of Jews between the 1920s and 1950s, Coventry became a largely Jewish community until the late 1960s, when the neighborhood became the epicenter of Cleveland's growing counterculture. As University Circle redevelopment uprooted Cleveland's counterculture and as Jews continued to migrate farther eastward, Coventry Village emerged by 1967 as Cleveland's Haight-Ashbury. Record stores, head shops, and restaurants that catered to the younger crowds soon replaced the Jewish-owned businesses. For the next three decades Coventry sheltered both hippies-at-heart and adherents of the punk and progressive music movement before morphing yet again into the diverse district that it is today: one part offbeat destination, one part college-town hangout, and one part neighborhood meeting place.