The Alonzo Winslow House


This file appears in: The Richard N. Allen House
The Alonzo Winslow House

No photograph has been found showing what the East 71st-East 79th Street section of Euclid Avenue looked like in 1881 when Richard and Susan moved there. This sketch of the Alonzo Winslow House, however, which appeared in the 1874 Cleveland Atlas, is illustrative. The Alonzo Winslow House stood on the southeast corner of East 71st and Euclid, just several houses west of the Allen's property. It remained there until in or about 1910 when it was torn down to make room for the Baker Electric Motor Car Building, a building which is the subject of a separate Cleveland Historical story.


This file appears in: The Richard N. Allen House