Van Aken Shopping Center

Van Aken Shopping Center
The Van Aken Shopping Center was formally opened in 1953 to meet the shopping needs of the increasingly prosperous and populated suburbs of Cleveland. The $2,500,000, six-acre complex was built near a rapid station, and was strategically located to attract shoppers from Shaker Heights, University Heights and Cleveland Heights. Initially housing 26 businesses, early tenants included Woolworths, Pick-N-Pay, Gruber's Restaurant, and many high-end boutique shops.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State University Special Collections
Download Original File