Masonic Temple

The Masonic Temple and Performing Arts Center at 3615 Euclid Avenue was completed in 1921. The original plans for a high-rise office building addition to the temple, however, were never implemented. The Masonic Auditorium was home to the Cleveland Orchestra for ten years prior to the opening of Severance Hall in 1931, and it continued to be used as the setting for most of the orchestra's recordings long thereafter as a result of its fine acoustics. The building also is home to the Cleveland Masonic Library and Museum, as well as budding arts groups like: Dancing Wheels (a wheelchair ballet group), RED: An Orchestra (an avant-garde ensemble) and The Singing Angels (a youth choir).

Images

Audio

Cleveland's Masonic History
Chuck Barry details the history of Masonry in Ohio
View File Record
The Singing Angels Children's Choir
William Boehm describes the origin of the Singing Angels Children's Choir which performs at the Masonic Hall
View File Record
Masonry's Growth After WW II
Alan Jones discusses the growth of Masonry in postwar Cleveland
View File Record

Map

3615 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115