And Now a Boarding House

And Now a Boarding House
When the Roberts' family sold the house at 5005 Franklin Boulevard in 1920, it soon became a boarding house operated by a young widow by the name of Elida Humphrey. She lived in a five-room suite and her boarders in the remaining seven rooms of the 12-room house. At the time the 1940 census was taken, Elida had 14 boarders living in the house with her. | Source: 1940 United States Census
Download Original File