1836 Amherst Platt Map

1836 Amherst Platt Map
The 1836 map illustrates the growing population located in downtown North Amherst. "North" was officially dropped from Amherst's name in 1909. Beaver Creek is located in the Southwest corner of the map and runs through many larger farms. The Old Spring is situated east of where the creek crosses Elyria Street (now known as Milan Avenue).

Image courtesy of Amherst Historical Society
Download Original File