Willson Avenue Industrial Institute


This file appears in: Rainey Institute
Willson Avenue Industrial Institute

So the settlement house founded by Anna M. Edwards, and financed by Eleanor B. Rainey, was first named when it opened in 1904, the year that this undated photograph was likely taken. Then, it provided services to hundreds of East European immigrant children living in what is today Cleveland's Hough neighborhood. A year later, following the sudden death of Rainey, it was renamed the Eleanor B. Rainey Memorial Institute and an oval-shaped memorial plaque added to the front of the building.


This file appears in: Rainey Institute