Richard N. Allen House


This file appears in: The Richard N. Allen House
Richard N. Allen House

The Queen Anne style house at 7218 Euclid Avenue was built in 1887 for Richard N. Allen, the inventor of the paper car wheel which revolutionalized railroad passenger travel in the second half of the nineteenth century. The house served as a grand residence for Cleveland's elite on Euclid Avenue until 1923, when it was sold and put to other use. In this photo, taken in 1935, the house was in the process of becoming the Ohio Grand Lodge of the Order Sons of Italy in America.


This file appears in: The Richard N. Allen House