The Belden Seymour House


This file appears in: The Belden Seymour House
The Belden Seymour House

Located at 3805 Franklin Boulevard, the house was built in 1874 by Belden Seymour, a wealthy west side Cleveland businessman. After his death in 1889, his widow and son made renovations to the house and converted it into a luxury four-family dwelling. After his widow's death, the house was further remodeled and eventually converted into a tenement house. This 1931 photo shows the house when, according to the 1930 federal census, it was home to 52 tenants.


This file appears in: The Belden Seymour House