The George Howe Mansion


This file appears in: The Coburn Mansion
The George Howe Mansion

Now an Administration building on the campus of Cleveland State University known as Parker Hannifin Hall, it is the only one of the twenty mansions on Euclid Avenue's Millionaires' Row designed by the architectural firm of Coburn and Barnum to have survived the wrecking ball. The mansion was designed by the firm in 1892 for George Howe, a Cleveland businessman and one time Police Commissioner. Howe lived in the house until his death in 1901. Afterwards, it became an art gallery, remaining so until 1982 when the building was purchased, and saved, by the University. This photo was taken in circa 1897.


This file appears in: The Coburn Mansion