Camp Karamu, 1940


This file appears in: The Playhouse Settlement Summer Camp
Camp Karamu, 1940

In 1934, the buildings and tents of Chippewa Valley Camp were relocated to a new 1,600 acre site within Cleveland Metroparks Brecksville Reservation. Supplementing the work of over 100 men and boys from the Playhouse Settlement House, federal work relief programs provided funding and additional labor to rebuild and modernize the campsite.


This file appears in: The Playhouse Settlement Summer Camp