River Road Camp Swimming Pool


This file appears in: YMCA in the Cleveland Metroparks
River Road Camp Swimming Pool

When the YMCA took over the lease of campgrounds in North Chagrin Reservation, the rustic retreat noticeably lacked a place for campers to swim. After two dry summers, a collection to raise money for the YMCA camp was organized at Jack & Heint, Inc.; within 24 hours, workers donated the necessary funds. In July of 1944, the River Road Camp officially dedicated and opened its new $30,000 swimming pool.


This file appears in: YMCA in the Cleveland Metroparks