Cleveland Transit Car 4208


This file appears in: Ralph J. Perk and the Birth of RTA
Cleveland Transit Car 4208

Established in 1942, CTS flourished during World War II and the following decade. In 1947, CTS's fleet consisted of 1,805 vehicles. This changed dramatically in the 1960s, and by 1970 CTS was in a constant battle to try to break even. By 1974, ridership had fallen to only 78 million. One of the major reasons for this drop in riders was that many of the bus lines did not reach all the way out to the suburbs, which were now easier to reach by highway.


This file appears in: Ralph J. Perk and the Birth of RTA