St. Stephen Roman Catholic Church, Exterior


This file appears in: Saint Stephen Roman Catholic Church
St. Stephen Roman Catholic Church, Exterior

Constructed of Amherst stone in a cruciform shape, the church's decorative buttresses, pointed arches, and vaulted aisles reflect the High Victorian Gothic style popular in the United States between 1860 and 1890.  The church was designed by the architectural firm Cudell and Richardson, one of he most innovative and important firms in Cleveland during the last quarter of the 19th century.  The firm designed a series of Cleveland churches in this Gothic style, as well as a variety of residential, commercial, and institutional buildings.


This file appears in: Saint Stephen Roman Catholic Church