A Second Empire Style House


This file appears in: A Reprieve for Maria Barstow
A Second Empire Style House

The house at 4211 Franklin Avenue was built in this grand style in 1868 by German immigrant Ferdinand Dryer, a carpenter, who built a number of houses on Franklin Avenue and nearby Harbor (W. 44th) Street during the 1860s and 1870s. The two-story house, which also has an attic and basement, has over 3000 feet of livable space. This tax appraisal photo was taken in 1958.

Image courtesy of Cuyahga County Archives


This file appears in: A Reprieve for Maria Barstow