Building a new Hotel


This file appears in: B. F. Tyler House
Building a new Hotel

As late as 1859, Benjamin Tyler undertook a major commercial enterprise in what was formerly Ohio City. In that year, he took over the Commerce House at the corner of Main and W. River Streets, which had been partially destroyed by fire, and rebuilt it into a hotel with retail shops on the first floor. This ad by Tyler appeared in the Cleveland Plain Dealer on September 21, 1860.

Image courtesy of Cleveland Public Library, Newspaper archives


This file appears in: B. F. Tyler House