Franklin Castle Architect


This file appears in: Tiedemann House
Franklin Castle Architect

Frank Cudell (1844-1916) was a German immigrant and partner in the architectural firm of Cudell and Richardson. The firm designed the Tiedemann House, also known as Franklin Castle, in 1881. The firm was best known for the churches it designed in the late nineteenth century. Two of those churches located not far from the Tiedemann House are St. Stephen Roman Catholic Church (1873-1881) near West 54th Street and Bridge Avenue and Franklin Circle Christian Church (1874-1875) on Franklin Circle at 1688 Fulton Road.
Image courtesy of William Krejci


This file appears in: Tiedemann House