Lincoln Boulevard Entrance, ca. 1918


This file appears in: Grant Deming's Forest Hill
Lincoln Boulevard Entrance, ca. 1918

The intersection of Lincoln and Woodward with Euclid Heights Boulevard formed the original main entrance to Forest Hill. It was marked by two pairs of rounded stone pylons topped with decorative semicircular iron street markers and connected by low stone walls. The house in the distance was a massive Tudor-style house built for Thomas Haycox, son of one of the original farming families that predated suburban redevelopment.


This file appears in: Grant Deming's Forest Hill