Dedication, April 1953


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House
Dedication, April 1953

Margaret Manor Butler poses in front of the Oldest Stone House on the day of its dedication at Lakewood Park in April 1953. Butler moved to Lakewood with her husband in the 1920s after having grown up in Cleveland. While taking long walks with her sons around Lakewood during the gasoline rationing of the World War II years, Butler developed an interest in the city's old homes. Her interest led her to write a series of local history stories for the weekly Lakewood Post newspaper. After her victorious effort to save the Oldest Stone House, she continued to write about Lakewood's history, publishing several books while also continuing to serve as the President of the Lakewood Historical Society.

Image courtesy of the Lakewood Historical Society


This file appears in: Oldest Stone House