6802 Herman Avenue, 1948


This file appears in: West Cleveland Town Hall
6802 Herman Avenue, 1948

While County and City records provide evidence that the West Cleveland town hall was first moved to a property owned by James Faerron, gaps in historical records make it currently impossible to definitively prove that 6802 Herman Avenue was the same structure. Evidence, however, overwhelmingly points to this conclusion. If one were to strip away additions made to the 6802 Herman Avenue structure following 1920, the building dimensions would match those of West Cleveland town hall. Each relocation of the building also corresponded to the addition of foundations to properties owned by Faerron. These additions to the property matched the foundation size and shape of the West Cleveland town hall. Finally, renderings of both structures show that the roof line and placement of doors and windows are similar.

Image courtesy of Cleveland Public Library


This file appears in: West Cleveland Town Hall