Park Improvement Plan


This file appears in: The Kentucky Street Reservoir
Park Improvement Plan

In the 1930s, during the administration of Mayor Harold Burton, Cleveland initiated a program to renovate all of its city parks, including Fairview Park. This undated drawing (circa 1938) shows that the northern part of the park (left) was to be improved with recreational facilities for children, likely including those attending Kentucky School across West 38th Street, while the southern part (right) was to be developed as a baseball field.


This file appears in: The Kentucky Street Reservoir