The Sarah Bousfield House


This file appears in: Sarah Bousfield House
The Sarah Bousfield House

Named for Sarah Bousfield, the wife of prominent Cleveland industrialist John Bousfield, the house was designed by the architectural firm of Coburn and Barnum. Construction on the house was likely begun in 1883. It was completed in 1884. Originally built as a two-family house, the Bousfields occupied the larger east side which reputedly had 17 rooms, and rented out the west side which was advertised as having 13. This undated photo was likely taken some time prior to 1909, the year in which the house was sold by Charlotte Bousfield Hannum, the last family member to live in the house.


This file appears in: Sarah Bousfield House