Cleveland Museum of Art

The Cleveland Museum of Art is one of the foremost art museums in the world, having outstanding collections of Pre-Columbian, medieval European, and Asian art. It opened to the public in 1916 on Jeptha H. Wade's Wade Park property in University Circle. Constructed in the Neoclassical Revival style of white Georgian marble, the museum became a fixture in the international art collecting circuit as a result of large bequests in the post-World War II years. The museum opened additional wings to house its burgeoning collections in 1958, 1971, and 1983. The newest expansion promises to keep the Cleveland Museum of Art in the forefront of national art museums.

Images

Audio

The Majesty Of The CMA
Architect Robert Madison opines on the majestic qualities at the Cleveland Museum of Art
View File Record
The Legacy Of Jeptha Wade
Leslie Cade of the Cleveland Museum of Art describes the influence of Jeptha Wade on the Museum's history and success
View File Record
Childhood Visits
Artist Joseph O'Sickey reflects on drawings he made during childhood visits to the Cleveland Museum of Art
View File Record

Map

11150 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106