The Cleveland Museum of Art is one of the foremost art museums in the world, having outstanding collections of Pre-Columbian, medieval European, and Asian art. It opened to the public in 1916 on Jeptha H. Wade's Wade Park property in University Circle. Constructed in the Neoclassical Revival style of white Georgian marble, the museum became a fixture in the international art collecting circuit as a result of large bequests in the post-World War II years. The museum opened additional wings to house its burgeoning collections in 1958, 1971, and 1983. The newest expansion promises to keep the Cleveland Museum of Art in the forefront of national art museums.