Battery Park is an urban redevelopment project in the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood located on W. 73rd Street and W. 76th Street. Laid out in a "U" shaped design, the $100 million development overlooks Edgewater Park and is surrounded by what has sometimes been dubbed the West Side's "Little Italy." The upscale residential enclave was built on the site of the Eveready Battery Co.'s old Edgewater Plant, which originally opened in the 1890s. Canadian-born engineer Lewis Urry, who worked at the Edgewater Plant, invented the modern alkaline dry battery (which became branded much later as Energizer) in 1956 at Eveready's research center in Parma. The plant on the site of Battery Park produced batteries until the late 1980s and thereafter became a battery-testing facility manned by a much smaller workforce. The facility closed permanently in 1999. Battery Park is currently the largest housing development in the City of Cleveland.