Digging Demington Road, 1913

Digging Demington Road, 1913
In May 1913, construction on Demington Drive began by hand digging the trench for the drain tile. As each man in the crew dug a bit deeper, the workers at the end of the line were standing up to their shoulders in the trench. Note the surveyor to the right. As one looks north towards Cedar Road, one can see the rear of a wooden shanty and outhouse that faced Cedar -- not quite the image either Deming or Rockefeller wanted to create for Euclid Golf.

Image courtesy of Hugh and Deanna Fisher
Download Original File