St. Helena Romanian Byzantine Catholic Church, 1910

St. Helena Romanian Byzantine Catholic Church, 1910
The church's simple design and lack of ornamentation was a reflection of the ambitions of Cleveland's Romanian population. Money was to be saved and sent back home, and there was no need to create a monumental structure that signified the success or prominence of its membership.

Photograph courtesy of Cleveland Public Library, Stanley L. McMichael Collection
Download Original File