Detroit Avenue and W. 58th Street, 1947

Detroit Avenue and W. 58th Street, 1947
Residential and commercial structures developed outward from Detroit Avenue following the turn of the 19th century, shaping and giving life to what is now know as the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood. This road connected outlying communities and the city of Cleveland by horse, trolley lines, and later by streetcars.

Photograph courtesy of Cleveland State Library Special Collections
Download Original File