Merrick Wood Shop, 1940


This file appears in: Merrick House
Merrick Wood Shop, 1940

Peter Krehel of 2627 West 11th Street and Nick Tishko of 717 College Avenue work with instructor Louis Brun in the wood shop behind Merrick House, 1940.

Learning practical skills would make it more likely for a new immigrant to find a job in Cleveland, and Merrick House held a number of these kinds of training classes.

Image courtesy of Cleveland State Library Special Collections


This file appears in: Merrick House