The historic exterior of the Hillman Building


This file appears in: Sidney Hillman Memorial Building
The historic exterior of the Hillman Building

This historic photo is not dated, but it almost certainly shows the building's exterior as it was originally designed in 1949 and probably as it remained until the union sold it in 1999. Note the original doors and stairways, and the signage to the left, with the union's common name, "Amalgamated," and "Sidney Hillman Memorial Bldg," in the same Art Deco style as seen in "In Union There is Strength."


This file appears in: Sidney Hillman Memorial Building