The Stillman


This file appears in: The Stillman Theater
The Stillman

This luxury hotel was built in 1884 by the family of Stillman Witt on the site of the former mansion of N. C. Baldwin, which had been purchased by Stillman Witt in the 1860s. The large mansion to the right in this undated photograph is the Stillman Witt mansion. The smaller mansion, a part of which can be seen to the left, was the home of George W. Gardner, a businessman who served as mayor of Cleveland in 1885-1886. The hotel was razed in 1902, and the Stillman Witt and Gardner mansions at about the same time. A little over a decade later, the Stillman theater was built on the former site of the hotel.


This file appears in: The Stillman Theater