The Warehouses and Docks of Merwin Avenue


This file appears in: Cleveland Centre
The Warehouses and Docks of Merwin Avenue

From the start (1833), Merwin Avenue, which winds down and around the west and south sides of the Columbus Road Peninsula (Ox Bow Bend), was a street in Cleveland Centre notable for its offices, warehouses and docks. This photo from 1925 shows that that was still the case almost 100 years later. Young John D. Rockefeller in 1855 got his first job as an accounting clerk in a commission merchant's offices located on Merwin Avenue.


This file appears in: Cleveland Centre