Olney Art Gallery


This file appears in: The Coburn Mansion
Olney Art Gallery

Coburn and Barnum designed a number of buildings for cultural institutions in Cleveland, most of them in the University Circle neighborhood, including the original Western Reserve Historical Society building located at East 107th Street and Euclid Avenue. None of those buildings from that neighborhood have survived to this day. However, the Olney Art Gallery, designed by the firm in 1892 and located on West 14th Street in Tremont, has. When Professor Charles Olney opened it to the public in 1894, it became Cleveland's first public art museum, predating the opening of the Cleveland Museum of Art by more than two decades. This photo was taken circa 1897.


This file appears in: The Coburn Mansion