The Campbell Block


This file appears in: The Campbell Block
The Campbell Block

A view of the Campbell Block from West 25th Street in circa 1964, about a decade before it was torn down. The five-story building was erected in 1892 by Alexander Campbell, a Scottish immigrant, important city paving and sewer contractor, and the grandfather of famed WWII hero Admiral Isaac Campbell Kidd. On the first floor (left) is J & L Seafoods and (right) is Green's Cafe, both locally famous retail establishments in the Old Angle neighborhood in the post World War II era. To the left of the building is St. Malachi Catholic Church, and in the distant background is Cleveland's most famous landmark--the Terminal Tower.


This file appears in: The Campbell Block