Captain Miner's House


This file appears in: Admiral Kidd's Neighborhood
Captain Miner's House

The house at 1832 W. 50th Street is next door to the site where Admiral Kidd's boyhood home once stood. The house was built in 1886 by C.F. Palmer, a vessel broker, who sold it to retired vessel captain Charles Miner in 1893. Miner, the father-in-law of Admiral Kidd's Aunt Minnie, spent the last eight years of his life in this house, and undoubtedly had occasion to revel the Kidd boys next door from time to time with tales of life on the Great Lakes.


This file appears in: Admiral Kidd's Neighborhood