Nineteenth Century Real Estate Developers


This file appears in: Admiral Kidd's Neighborhood
Nineteenth Century Real Estate Developers

Shown from left to right are Dudley Baldwin (1809-1896), George Benedict (1813-1876) and Elias Root (1817-1894), the three east side Clevelanders who developed the two residential subdivisions on the west side known as the Allotment of Benedict and Root and Dudley Baldwin's Subdivision. West 50th Street between Franklin Boulevard and Bridge Avenue is a part of both subdivisions. Baldwin was a well-known Cleveland banker, George Benedict, for years the editor of the Cleveland Herald, and Elias Root, among other things, the Cuyahog County Sheriff.


This file appears in: Admiral Kidd's Neighborhood