Bailey's Postcard, ca. 1910


This file appears in: Bailey's Department Store
Bailey's Postcard, ca. 1910

Bailey's transformed from a dry goods store into a full-fledged department store in 1899 after the death of Lewis A. Bailey. Over the years Bailey's was very successful. The store, which was located on the corner of Ontario Street and Prospect Avenue, began to run out of room. In 1905 Bailey's leased forty-four feet of frontage of the Andrews Estate and thirty-eight feet of frontage from the Benjamin Rose on Ontario Street. There, in 1910, Bailey's added a ten-story building.


This file appears in: Bailey's Department Store