The Winslow House


This file appears in: Look About Lodge
The Winslow House

The original Look About Lodge was located in the Cleveland Metroparks South Chagrin Reservation at the intersection of Solon Road and River Road. While the Cleveland Natural Science Club dedicated incredible amounts of resources and labor into the remodeling, landscaping and upkeep of the structure, it eventually proved to be too small for the growing club’s needs. By 1935, plans were being developed for either the building’s expansion or construction of a new edifice. While it was eventually determined that site of the farmhouse would not be suitable, the group wished to remain in the South Chagrin Reservation. Park landscape architect and science club member Arthur Munson initially suggested the location of the current Look About Lodge.


This file appears in: Look About Lodge