Second North Union Meeting House


This file appears in: North Union Shaker Village
Second North Union Meeting House

This North Union Meeting House house was dedicated on November 29, 1849, replacing the first meeting house that was built in 1826. The house stood on the east side of Lee Road, a few hundred feet north of present day Shaker Boulevard. The building had seating for the general public, floor space for ministry, a men's apartment and a women's apartment that led into the hall, and two rooms upstairs for the Elders and Eldresses.


This file appears in: North Union Shaker Village