Stained Glass: Christ at the Marriage Feast at Cana.


This file appears in: Saint Stephen Roman Catholic Church
Stained Glass: Christ at the Marriage Feast at Cana.

In 1906, the original stained glass windows found in St. Stephen were replaced by cathedral style windows depicting narratives from the bible as well as Christian figures and symbols.  Imported from Munich, Germany, these were commissioned through the Bavarian Institute of Art and created by Mayor Studios at a cost of $13,500.00.  A dozen of the windows were damaged by a tornado in 1953, many of which were soon-after refashioned employing the services of the same German studio.  Three windows completely destroyed by the storm were replaced in 1993 with stained glass removed from St. Joseph's church on E. 23rd Street and Woodland Avenue prior to its demolition.  


This file appears in: Saint Stephen Roman Catholic Church