Close to Ware Street


This file appears in: Samuel White's Roadside Inn
Close to Ware Street

In 1906, the City of Cleveland approved a comprehensive re-naming of its streets. Among those renamed was Ware Street (as identified on this 1903 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map) which became West 95th Street. The Inn which the father of Liberty Ware purchased in 1866 sat upon a narrow parcel of land containing more than 30 acres that extended all the way from Detroit Street (now "Avenue") north to Lake Erie. Part of Edgewater Park includes land donated from this lot by the Ware family. Liberty Ware's home, which still had its east and west wings at the time this map was drawn, is circled in red.

Image courtesy of Cleveland Public Library, Digital Map Collection


This file appears in: Samuel White's Roadside Inn