Town Hall Arrives


This file appears in: West Cleveland Town Hall
Town Hall Arrives

This partial page from the 1898 Cleveland Atlas depicts houses and other structures located in the McCart Street-Herman Avenue area in that year. Outlined in red are parts of two lots owned by James Faeron, the person authorized in 1894 to move the West Cleveland Town Hall. The building with the number "2" (denoting a two-story dwelling) is believed to be the West Cleveland Town Hall. Approximately 15 years later, when the City of Cleveland extended Herman Avenue through to West 69th Street (formerly McCart Street), the town hall building is believed to have been moved again by Faeron to its current location on the north side of Herman just east of West 69th Street.
Image courtesy of Cleveland Public Library, Digital Map Collection.


This file appears in: West Cleveland Town Hall