Rev. Edgard D. Jones


This file appears in: Franklin Circle Christian Church
Rev. Edgard D. Jones

Since its founding in 1842, Franklin Circle Christian Church has had 37 senior pastors, including James A. Garfield who served the church in this capacity in1857. The above 1903 article from the Plain Dealer announces the arrival of new pastor Edgar D. Jones from Kentucky. Jones served the church as pastor for 3 years and later became active in the Federal Council of Churches of Christ. He was elected its national president in 1937.
Image courtesy of Cleveland State University Library, special collections


This file appears in: Franklin Circle Christian Church