Steinberg


This file appears in: Tiedemann House
Steinberg

In the period 1880-1881, Hannes Tiedemann built this summer residence in Lakewood near what is today the intersection of Lake and Cove Avenues. He named the summer residence "Steinberg." While the Tiedemann House ("Franklin Castle") was being built on Franklin Boulevard during the years 1881-1883, the family and their servants lived at Steinberg. After his wife Louise died in 1895, Hannes Tiedemann sold his house on Franklin Boulevard and retired to Steinberg where he died in 1908.
Image courtesy of William Krejci


This file appears in: Tiedemann House