The German-American League of Culture


This file appears in: Tiedemann House
The German-American League of Culture

From 1921-1968, the house at 4308 Franklin Boulevard was home to the German-American League of Culture, an ethnic cultural association that later became a German singing club. As this article from the December 20, 1938 edition of the Plain Dealer reveals, members of the club, shortly after the Munich Pact, protested the aggression of Adolph Hitler against German citizens as well as Germany's neighbors.
Image courtesy of Cleveland State University Library, Special Collections


This file appears in: Tiedemann House