Tiedemann House (Franklin Castle)


This file appears in: Tiedemann House
Tiedemann House (Franklin Castle)

The house at 4308 Franklin Boulevard has been known by different names in the 121 years of its existence. It was built in 1881-1883 by German immigrant Hannes Tiedemann, whose family lived in the home from 1883-1896. Later, during the years 1921-1968, when the house was the home of the German-American League for Culture, it was known as Eintracht Hall. In the 1960s, the became popularly known as Franklin Castle. The above photograph was taken in 1967.
Image courtesy of Cleveland Public Library, Photograph Collection


This file appears in: Tiedemann House