William Quilliams House


This file appears in: East Cleveland Township Farms
William Quilliams House

Hugh Quilliams built this farmhouse at 884 Quilliams Road in 1867 for his son and daughter-in-law, William T. and Nancy Quilliams. A carpenter and Union Army veteran, William went on to become a civic leader, serving as a trustee for East Cleveland Township and later for the hamlet of Cleveland Heights. The family capitalized on the real estate boom in the early 20th century and developed their property into many of the streets in the Oxford neighborhood. The home has been altered significantly, although the wooded property is a reminder of its more rural beginnings.

Image courtesy of City of Cleveland Heights


This file appears in: East Cleveland Township Farms