James B. Haycox Farm, 1874


This file appears in: Grant Deming's Forest Hill
James B. Haycox Farm, 1874

James B. Haycox operated a dairy and stone quarry on what became the eastern half of Forest Hill until his death in 1907. A neighbor of Haycox to the north and west, Worthy Streator, sold his land more than a decade earlier to Patrick Calhoun, grandson of Vice President James C. Calhoun, and John D. Rockefeller. While Calhoun developed Euclid Heights, among the oldest garden suburban allotments in Cleveland, the Rockefeller and Haycox lands became Forest Hill.


This file appears in: Grant Deming's Forest Hill