City Hall Lobby


This file appears in: Cleveland City Hall
City Hall Lobby

When Cleveland's councilmen visited what was soon to be their new chambers in early June of 1916, they noted that their voices easily echoed when speaking from the platform. This characteristic of the building was most likely missed by the public as they flooded into City Hall from noon until eleven p.m. the day of its dedication. City administrators, including Mayor Harry L. Davis, greeted visitors who were being led around by boy scouts and entertained by two concerts given in the City Hall lobby.

Image Courtesy of Cleveland State University. Michael Schwartz Library. Cleveland Press Collection.


This file appears in: Cleveland City Hall