City Hall on Fire


This file appears in: Cleveland City Hall
City Hall on Fire

On Tuesday, March 9, 1982, a fire began on the fourth floor of Cleveland's City Hall. The room in which the fire started—and luckily was contained—was filled only with city financial and bond records. The fire caused $100,000 worth of damage. The blaze was the result of a damaged extension cord leading to a coffee maker.

Image Courtesy of Cleveland State University. Michael Schwartz Library. Cleveland Press Collection.


This file appears in: Cleveland City Hall